Mandel's Jewelryis proudly owned by Matthew R. Weiss. We are a third generation company established in 1932. We are a full
service, fine jewelry business located at 9827 Clayton Road, The Market Place, Ladue, MO. Mandel's Associates include Harry M. Weiss and
Shannon M. O'Sullivan, son and daughter, respectively, of Mr. Weiss.
Who are we?
Platinum and precious gold combined with exquisite gems in a complete and tasteful collection of fine jewelry.
Choosing jewelry, especially wedding jewelry, is a special event that should leave you with fond memories. What you select has deep symbolic
significance. Our collection represents enduring accessories that may be worn with pleasure the rest of your life.
When you make a selection, you want the confidence of knowing the creator of your jewelry understands and appreciates the importance of your
investment. Mandelâ€™s has a reputation as a distinguished leader in the jewelry industry. We have a commitment of long-term dedication to
craft and quality and our unique relationship with you, the customer. First class customer service isn't our goal, it's our promise.
- 1932: Oliver J. Mennemeyer began "Mennemeyer's Jewelry" with a passion for the jewelry industry
and the number one goal of giving his customers the very best quality of service and product.
Located in the old downtown Arcade Building in downtown St. Louis, Mr. Mennemeyer began to
build a respectable clientèle.
- 1946: After his tour of duty as part of the 11th Airborne Division in World War II. Harry E. Mandel, Jr.
joined Mr. Mennemeyer.
- 1975: After 29 years of helping build a strong company with the Mr. Mennemeyer, Mr. Mandel took
over the business upon Mr. Mennemeyer's death in October of 1975, changing the name of the
company to "Mandel's, Formerly Mennemeyer's." It is then, Mr. Mandel and his wife, Mary-Jean,
began a long tradition of what is still today a successful family owned and operated company.
- 1976: Mr. Weiss, Mr. Mandel's son-in-law, joined the business in April, 1976. Mr. Weiss was proud to
be a part of company with such a long tradition of excellent customer service and fine jewelry and was
eager to help prosper the company.
- 1979: Mandel's Jewelry made its first move to the downtown Ambassador Building and stayed there
for ten more years.
- 1989: In November, Mandel's moved from downtown to its current location in Ladue, MO.
- 1994: Upon Mr. Mandel's passing in April of 1994, Mr. Weiss became the new, and is presently, the
proud owner and operator of Mandel's Jewelry Co.